Happy Father's Day!
This photo was taken by Hermana Heckmann as we were heading out to take a photo during Zone Conference. It pretty well sums up how I feel about President Heckmann. On Father's day, I think it is appropriate to recognize the father figure that I have enjoyed while serving here in Spain. The Heckmanns have loved us as if we really were their kids. I will be forever grateful for the honor of serving with these wonderful servants of the Lord, and am eternally grateful for the Lord sending us here. President and Hermana Heckmann will be leaving this week. As sad as that will be, we are excited to get to know the Newitts. The work goes on, and I am sure that President and Hermana Newitt will bring exactly the talents and spiritual gifts that this mission needs.
We had kind of an exciting week this week. The mission received a new couple, but they came a week earlier than they were supposed to. We spent the week scrambling to find a place for them to live until the current couple on Palma goes home. We have a new piso that we have rented that is meant for 6 sisters to live in. By new, I mean NEW. No appliances yet, no furnishings, no dishes, no beds, no bedding, no nothing! Until the Rushes showed up, our plan was simply to move the sisters into the new piso with the furniture and furnishings from the two pisos that we are closing down. However, until the 29th the Rushes need a place to stay, so we bought a couple of IKEA mattresses for them to camp on in the new piso while we work on getting everything else put together. It has been a pretty stressful time and I, for one, will be glad once they are able to replace the Reids in their permanent piso and we can get the sisters settled as well. It will be a real exercise for the Johnsons to work through the logistics of closing pisos and working through the issues.
This week is going to be a madhouse with the Heckmann's departure, and the Newitt's arrival. We are also going to have to make sure to off-load more and more to the Johnsons so that they will be prepared to work through training the Lamberts who will arrive on the 7th. The following week I anticipate having the Area come and doing an audit along with all the stress that it will entail. I keep telling the missionaries to "Run through the tape" at the end of their service. I will have no choice but to do the same. I feel like I will be half-stumbling / half being dragged through the tape! With only two more Sundays, the sprint needs to be on!
We hope that all of you dads out there have a wonderful Father's day. Your influence on the future of your children can not be overstated. Continue to love them, teach them, and be a blessing to their lives. In an eternal perspective your role is absolutely vital. We love you billions and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Comments
Post a Comment