The Mussers in Spain!
What a wonderful and crazy week this has been! It started with my work computer deciding that it needed a new motherboard. Typical timing for something that is essential to die right when you need it the most. Had to continue to work with my home computer as much as I could this week. On Tuesday we met Adam and his sweet family at the airport. My heart melted to not only hug them all but for my sweet little Violet to come running to me to be my little buddy. That day we attempted to do the "Hop-on/Hop-off" bus, but because of jet lag it turned in to the "Hop-on/drop-off" bus. We gave up after a while of fighting off sleep, and then having a near "Potty Emergency" which resulted in the creative use of a bathroom sink. We rode the metro back to the house and went to eat Kebab. Wednesday and Thursday Adam and his family went to Madrid to go to the temple. It was a wonderful experience for them as Peter got to not only baptize his dad, mom, and brother, but he got to do baptisms in Spanish! Pretty fun.
While they were gone to Madrid we tried to get some things done at the office, but having to do it on my laptop wasn't all that easy. Lots of connections that I didn't have to essential data complicated a lot of things. I'm a little worried about how this coming week is going to go. The Elders told me that they were able to get things pretty well patched together on the computer, so we shall see. On Friday we took the day off to spend with the kids, but first they headed up to Park Guell without us as we didn't have tickets. We decided to meet at Sagrada Familia in the afternoon. We have been told since we got here that we could get into it with our ministerial cards. However, when we tried it be got turned down twice. So, we had to wait while they went through it. It was a long wait, but they had an amazing time. After that we went to a Flamenco Dancing show which was incredible. The dancers, the costumes, and the music were all amazing.
Saturday we spent mostly in the Gothic Quarter seeing the sights and window shopping. We then had a mosaic class where we each made a little craft. It was fun. We then went to dinner and up to Montjuic. A really full day.
Today it was fun to bring them to church with us. It was neat for them to experience church with us. I ended up having to take a missionary to the emergency room because she rolled her ankle really bad. So, I was out of the action for most of the afternoon.
This week I was impressed with some commentary that I listened to on a podcast about Moses. It kind of made him more real to me. It was interesting when the Lord called him, he didn't refuse, but he did come up with a lot of reasons as to why he shouldn't be the guy. I have sometimes felt that way. Even now I tend to procrastinate because I don't feel like I will be successful. I know that it is the adversary trying to make me forget that the Lord will never ask me to do something that He won't help me to do if I am willing to ask for His help. Moses was ultimately successful because the Lord was with Him. We should all recognize that the same promises are there for us.
This coming week will be crazy because we will have to say goodbye to Adam and his family, and hello to Sarah and her family. I just hope we can sneak in a little work as well. Oh well, the wonderful hugs make it all worthwhile! Have a great week!

Comments
Post a Comment