Monster Transfer!


 Wow! What a week. We had 14 missionaries complete their missions and 22 just starting theirs. There is always a lot of excitement building up to transfer day, but this one was particularly crazy. Along with all those missionaries going and coming, we had 3 changes in the office. One of the APs went home, the technology secretary moved over to be the mission and travel secretary, and the mission and travel secretary went out to be a Zone Leader. So, we basically had a huge transfer with 3 of the 4 office elders doing something they had never done before! The logistics behind a transfer that big are crazy. Just getting people to and from the airport with all of their luggage takes some serious planning. Brenda and I ended up going to the airport twice that day as a sister from the Mexico MTC came in much later than the big group. It is always fun to see these wide-eyed, jet-lagged, excited new servants of the Lord. Getting them all interviewed so that the President could decide where each one needed to go also takes some serious logistics as well. As usual, things come together and the new missionaries are placed safely in the care of their trainers, and sent off to serve the Lord. I felt particularly bad for a few that needed to go to the Islands. The only transportation we could get was on a ferry that took 8 hours, and all of the beds on board were already booked, so they had to try to sleep in chairs that night. Rough way to start.

Along with all of the transfer stuff, we had 3 office elders who had birthdays this week as well. Of course Hermana Musser wanted to do something special for each one. There was a wonderful teriyaki chicken lunch on Monday with chocolate birthday cake. The one on Thursday wanted cookies, and the one on Friday got ice cream cake. I ended up using most of my balloons for birthday hats, and they wanted to make a hat for Hermana Musser as she was out of the office on her birthday. They did pretty well for not knowing what they were doing. 

Thursday, President Heckmann wanted to treat the office to a sushi lunch, which, of course, I was a more than willing participant! It is an amazing thing to watch these elders in a buffet situation. I am sure the restaurant showed a loss for the day because these boys can EAT! Thursday was also pretty sad as that is when I learned of the passing of my Brother-in-law, Claude West. I am eternally grateful for the perspective that the Plan of Salvation gives us. Even though I mourn his loss, I can rejoice in knowing that he is having a wonderful reunion with his sweetheart, my sister Janine. 

Friday was Missionary Leadership Council with all of the mission leadership descending on the mission home, so there really wasn't an opportunity to catch a breath work-wise. That being said Hermana Musser and I ended up coming into the office on Saturday to try to catch up on a couple of things in preparation to being out of the office with the Senior Missionary conference that will be held in Madrid Mon-Thurs of this coming week (I don't want to even hazard a guess as to what our Friday will look like).

Today was Sunday. I love the day of rest, and today was especially needed. I had a wonderful experience as Sacrament Meeting was getting ready to start. Brenda was playing prelude music, and one of the songs she played was one of the new hymns "Come Lord Jesus, Come". It reminded me of when our boys were able to be part of the production of "Savior of the World". I remember vividly singing backstage along with those wonderful youth. It was almost like I was back there again as I sang quietly to myself the plea "Come Lord Jesus, Come!" I long for that magnificent event. I was reading 3 Ne 11 again and imagined what it must have been like for those Nephites when the Savior came to them. I tried to image how it must have felt as the voice of the Father penetrated them to their very soul as He announced the arrival of His Beloved Son. That coming day can't get here soon enough for me. I don't know if you have seen it yet, but the new Easter video this year is amazing. Check it out by clicking here.

We love you all. Have a Great Week.

Click for Pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Transfer Week!

Russell M. Nelson 1924 - 2025

Catching Up