Happy Valentine's Day!
I know that you probably get sick of me saying this, but this has been a crazy week! On Monday we were able to go to Rubi which is about a 45 minute train ride away. We are finally legal again! That is one worry that we no longer have. It is good to know what when we leave there will be no residency issues to wrestle with.
This week has been really windy in Barcelona. There were a couple of times when they actually sent out warnings over everyone's phones. I felt bad for President Heckmann. He was in interviews, and a warning would hit and he would start getting phone calls from the missionaries. "Should we go out?" He would say "just use your best judgement." The poor missionary who was in there with him being interviewed just had to sit by as he fielded all those phone calls. I don't know how President Heckmann can keep everything going. His interview schedule literally takes all day. He barely gets a chance to sneak out to the bathroom every so often. And yet, he keeps that smile on his face, and the cheery disposition. I know that the Lord is helping him get through it all.
On Thursday, we got the chance to call Brenda's dad for his 90th birthday. He was excited about it all as they got to go to the Temple that day. He was also able to meet with his siblings down in St. George which was fun for him. Brenda also had the chance to visit the eye doctor for her annual checkup. Fortunately, those beautiful brown eyes are healthy, and she just needs some new glasses.
Friday night we were up late dealing with an institute dance in the Hospitalet stake center. Hospitalet is kind of "the hood". We get tons of baptisms there, but it can be a little sketchy. I was grateful that we got to park the car under the building so we didn't have to wander the streets to go to some dark parking garage somewhere.
Saturday was Valentine's day. I had a great plan to take Brenda out to lunch. The problem is that I have a killer cold and so we spent most of the day just hanging out at the apartment until we went to a ward activity. It was slated for 5:00 and so we decided to swing by to drop off the salad that Brenda made. We showed up and there were about 8 people there. The Relief Society president begged us to stay, and so we hung around until about 6:00. That is when all the people started showing up, and we could leave without having to worry about saving face.
Today there was a baptism, and it was wonderful. A huge chunk of the ward showed up to support this sister. It was so sweet to see the sister missionaries obvious love for her. The Gospel is an amazing thing, and the love of the Savior shines in the faces of his sweet young missionaries. It is great.
The Gospel is true. It is wonderful to see it changing lives. I am very grateful for the Book of Mormon, and the power that book has. It has certainly changed my life, and I don't even feel like I have scratched the surface of what it contains. I know that the promises that the prophets have made regarding the Book of Mormon are true because I have experienced its power in my life. If you have not yet made the study of the Book of Mormon a daily priority, I encourage you to do so. It's awesome!

Comments
Post a Comment