February Already!
I can't believe that we are already into February! Sometimes I think that someone snuck a "Flux Capacitor" in the mission minivan. We seem to be jumping ahead in time. The old adage "time flies when you're having fun" seems to be real. This past week is just a blur. Between trying to deal with missionary cards that don't work, and looking at a new property management company, our plates have been pretty full this week. My heart really goes out to these poor missionaries who are trying to buy groceries, getting their cards denied for no reason, and then having to go to an ATM to take out cash so they can eat. We will keep doing battle with the card company who continues to claim that there is nothing wrong because they are not seeing denied transactions on their end. GRRRRR
My sweet Brenda has been getting things ready for Zone conference this coming week, and dealing with calls of "we don't have hot water". She keeps reporting the problems to the property management people, but things seem to take a LOT longer here in Spain. She ends up being caught in the middle a lot of the time.
One of the treats for us is when the missionaries come to the mission home. This last week was Mission Leader Council and it brings in all of the zone leaders and sister training leaders. Being around these young leaders is invigorating. I firmly believe that the young missionaries are the biggest miracle in the church. They are wonderful.
Our Saturday p-day was interrupted with picking up a couple at the airport and having to go and pick up keys to a new piso. We have a couple of sisters who have had to be in an Airbnb and we thought the new piso was for them. However, we found out that they need to move into a piso where there are currently 4 elders, and they need to move into the new piso. Also, the new place is unfurnished, so you may want to buy IKEA stock before tomorrow...just sayin'. All of this has to happen by tomorrow night, so I am guessing that we're going to have a pretty late night again.
Saturday night was neat because we got to be part of a baptism. They love to have us come to the baptisms so that they can enlist my sweet Brenda's magic fingers on the piano. This time they kind of threw me a curve ball though because right before the meeting, they asked me to give the talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I somehow got through it ok. Although, the guy who was baptized seemed to have a confused look on his face while I was speaking. I hope that was just worry of the new step he was taking.
This week's Come Follow Me was helpful for me. Enoch didn't feel like he was capable of doing what the Lord had asked him to do, but the Lord kept telling him that He would "walk with" him. I know that the Lord is interested in His work, and that He is willing to help us along. It is really fun to see those sweet tender mercies pop up. They serve as whispers from the other side of the veil of "I love you" and "you've got this" and "I'll help you; trust Me". It is wonderful.
We hope that this coming week will be wonderful for you, and that, like Enoch, you will hear the Lord's whispers from the other side of the veil. I know that He loves you dearly so listen for Him and you will be blessed.



Comments
Post a Comment