Only 9 Months Left!

 


This week we have been pondering both the wonderful General Conference, and the beautiful funeral of our dear prophet President Nelson. I am eternally grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and His resurrection, and what that means to each of us individually. President Nelson finished the course, and stepped through the veil. I am sure that he was welcomed there by his family, including his wife and daughters who passed on before him. I'm sure that the past presidents of the church were there to greet him as well. Then, I am absolutely convinced that the Savior welcomed him home with the words "Well done". Because of our Savior, we can all look forward to what lies on the other side of the veil. Just this week I was reading in Alma about the people of Ammon and how they did not fear death in the least. We should all look forward to that inevitable day with joyous anticipation. 

Meanwhile, the work here goes on. This week has been pretty busy. We have been pretty worried because things are going sour with our property management company. The Area is now getting involved, and it looks like it might get ugly. Hermana Musser and I feel like we are in the middle of a whirlwind, and so we are just trying to hold on.

Friday night we were back at institute. It is always exciting to be around the young people, but I just don't have that kind of energy anymore! It's always quite late when we drag back to the piso and crawl into bed. 

On Saturday, we had Heavenly Father really bless us with a much needed "tender mercy". We have another transfer day coming on the 22nd. We know that there will be at least 20, and possibly 21 new missionaries show up. Therefore, we need to make sure that we have places for them to live! We have been worried about needing to shuffle a bunch of beds and other items around so that we will have them in the right pisos, at the right time. Hermana Musser and I have been worrying because we knew that we were going to need at least an entire day of driving back and forth to get this accomplished. Anyway, on Saturday, the Assistants called and said they were on their way to get it all done! They just needed a little information. It was a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

Last night and today has been the Stake Conference for the Barcelona Stake. At the conference today one of the young single adults that we met on Friday for the first time sought us out. She said that she is heading back to Argentina, and was wondering if I could give her a blessing. I am always honored to respond to those requests. The difficult thing was that I felt it was important to do it in Spanish. I got through it all right, but it was a humbling experience to try to seek what the Spirit wants me to say, and then make sure that it comes out in Spanish! Still, it was a sweet experience.

The Gospel is true. The Savior really does love us, and Heavenly Father really does love to bless us. We are really blessed to be here. The big challenge that we will have to deal with when we get home is "what comes next?" I guess we shall see!

We love you all billions, and hope you have a wonderful week.

Sorry, no pictures again this week :-(


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Transfer Week!

Russell M. Nelson 1924 - 2025

Catching Up