The Waters of Baptism!
Compared to the baptism, this week was pretty ordinary. Summer in Barcelona is pretty hot and muggy, but this week we actually had a couple of cooler days. We even slept with the windows open one night. However, I am pretty sure that it is just the "calm before the storm" as far as heat goes. That is why when the AC went out on Friday at work, it caught our attention. We will have to be ready to sweat it out until we get it fixed.
This week in the "Come Follow Me" study I got a whole new understanding about D&C 82:3. I had always looked at it as the Lord saying where "much is given, much is required" and that we have a greater responsibility when He blesses us, which is still true. However, if you turn that around a little bit and look at it as where "much is required, much is given" we can see that the Lord really is there for us, and blesses us when He requires something difficult from us. I believe that is also a true principle, and we have certainly seen His hand in our lives as we have tried to do His work here in Spain. I know that He is aware of us and is been working overtime giving us those "tender mercies". It is wonderful.
This coming week will be a little wild. They are going to start remodeling the office. I don't know what that will mean as far as being able to accomplish the work, and I am frankly a little worried about it. Especially since the following week we have the possibility of receiving 26 new missionaries if all of their visas come through. We have never seen a group anywhere near that size in the last year, and so this will put everyone to the test!
I hope that you all have a fabulous week. Heavenly Father is real, and we really are His children. I hope that this precious truth sinks deep into your very soul. He loves you, and so do we.

Comments
Post a Comment