It Can't be June Already!

 


It feels like Summer has arrived in Spain! We're back to having to empty the bucket that catches all of the water that the AC pulls from the air. If I had neglected to get that done last night, it would have run all over the place. Alicia and family made it back to Spain after their Disney cruise around Italy. Sounds like they had a blast; especially our little Emily. She loved being called a "princess", and made sure to show us all the "treasures" that she had collected. 

While they were gone on their cruise it was Zone Conference week, and it was kind of crazy. It is always a challenge to make sure that the food gets prepared, and all of the logistics are covered; especially when some of the staff are brand new. It always involves loading up the van with food, cooking supplies, water, mail, Books of Mormon, cleaning supplies, etc. We have to get all of that to the Chapel, set up all of the tables, chairs, and get everything ready. This time was a little bit crazier due to the fact that all of the Senior couples that are associated with the YSAs were in Germany for training. That left us a little short handed, but my sweetheart handled it all perfectly. One of the things that the President always does at the end of every Zone Conference is to have all of the missionaries who are going home, stand up and bear their testimonies. There are a ton of wonderful, powerful missionaries going home, and it was kind of a bitter-sweet moment. President Heckmann got a little emotional. He told me that the only way he can get through sending these wonderful missionaries home, is that after he gets them all on their flights out, he goes downstairs in the terminal to welcome all of the brand new missionaries, and the cycle starts all over again. 

On Friday, because the guy who usually teaches the institute class was in Germany, I had the opportunity to teach. It is always an amazing experience to pray for the Lord's help, and then actually receive it! I am well aware of the fact that I can't teach anything myself. If the Spirit isn't there, it's a huge waste of time. It is obvious to me that the Lord loves these young people because He always seems willing to bless them through His Spirit. 

On Saturday, I picked up the kids from the cruise port. Mike and Emily wanted to be dropped off at the beach. I then took everyone else back to the piso. We ate some kebab, and then went on a little sight-seeing adventure of our own. It was fun. We took them to the big museum on the hill and to the mall that used to be a bull-fighting ring. 

Today, we all went to church, and it was neat to be able to share the experience of a Spanish ward fast and testimony meeting with the family. There is never a free second in Fast Sunday here. If you don't get right up at the first of the meeting, to grab a place in line, you won't be sharing your testimony. These are wonderful people, and I am grateful to be here. 

In the reading for Come Follow Me, the Saints were encouraged to act as if they would be staying in Kirtland "for years". It made me realize how important it is to "act as for years" in any situation. I need to improve whatever little corner of the world that the Lord wants me to be in, and put down roots whenever I can. I hope that each of you have a great week in your little corner of the world.

We love you all!

Click for Pics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy Transfer Week!

Russell M. Nelson 1924 - 2025

Catching Up