Done With Facebook
This week is Thanksgiving for you all back home, we're going to have a big dinner here as well. It started out that the Elders were going to cook for about 65. That number has grown and now the office Elders are going to cook for more than 80 people at last count. We took them to a place called Makro which is a lot like a Costco without the delicious hot dogs. They purchased a ton of stuff, and they're very serious about it. Can't wait to report on how it all turns out. We continue to eat with the Elders at lunchtime every day, and it is incredible what they come up with. An example is Elder Garff cooking a beautiful pork tenderloin, that was amazing. Brenda and I are worried about what we're going to come up with on our Friday turn each week.
I had a good couple of days of training with the CPA from the Area Office who came down to do some one on one training. She is young, but she knows her stuff. Fortunately for me, she is also very patient and willing to help me get things through my thick head.
On Saturday we were planning on taking the car out and hitting several "Piso-checks" on the way to going up to Vic again. There is a Piso there that has been used by senior couples, and we need to close it down. However, I had a bad night with teeth-chattering chills and so we just did video conference Piso Checks before we drove up to Vic. Last night was a little better for me, and today I'm just a little tired. This coming week is transfer week, and it promises to be just as crazy as the last ones have been.
Today at Church we had the primary program. It was sweet, and these wonderful kids have the same spirit as the ones back home. It was a good meeting. I was a little surprised when they announced me as the chorester, but I just rolled with it. I joked about it with Brenda because I have one pair of socks that has music notes printed on them, and today was the day that I just happened to wear them. Maybe my sub-conscience knew something that I didn't!
These sweet missionaries are amazing. We were invited to start being part of district councils. Today's was special because one of the sister missionaries is going home this week. She shared her testimony with the district. It's interesting how quickly theses missions pass by, but how impactful they are in the lives of these wonderful missionaries. The light of the Gospel was absolutely shining in her eyes. I know that the Lord loves His missionaries.
Well, tomorrow we will be hitting it hard and fast. It's hard to believe that we have been in country for 3 months already. Onward and upward I suppose! We love you all.
Comments
Post a Comment