Our Farewell
28 July 2024
Today was our farewell. We had several family and friends attend our 0900 church meetings which was very touching for me. There were several from work and from the Barbershop world. Some of them travelled quite a distance to be there for us. Brenda was the first speaker and did an amazing job. Then my family conspired against me and had the grandkids sing "I Will Be What I Believe". I was barely able to hold it together after that. Those sweet voices teaching such wonderful doctrine really brought the Spirit into the meeting. I was the concluding speaker, and I believe that it went all right. After the meeting we had a lot of family over to the house for an open house/brunch. Adam's family gave us some fun gifts. Brenda got a necklace with all of the grandkids names engraved on it, and I was given an awesome Hawaiian shirt with four of my grandkids faces emblazoned on it. All in all it was a really special day for us.
Comments
Post a Comment